HR Partner, Specialties SBU
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Human Resource Management
We are looking for a business minded and people focused HR Partner to add value to the Business teams. You will handle all HR related topics for the Specialties SBU. The role reports into the Senior Manager HRBP Specialties in the standalone Specialties entity.
Global HR department
The global HR organization is built around 3 pillars and 4 regions (Americas, Asia, Europe and MEA), where the Specialties SBU has it’s footprint in Americas, Asia and Europe.
The first pillar is the team of HR strategic business partners enabling SABIC transformation & Specialties Standalone by partnering with & influencing business leaders to develop the (corporate) strategy, identifying HR solutions with the broader HR function to deliver on the talent priorities.
The second pillar is the team of regionally organized HR operations with the focus on driving operational processes in the employ lifecycle like payroll, on boarding, staffing, training and reporting in line with the business strategy, legal requirements and labour relations.
The third pillar is the global team of People and Organization . This team focus on policies and tools regarding e.g. leadership and people development, organisational effectiveness, C&B, talent solutions and talent acquisition. All these pillars work in close cooperation in the value creation framework, the interlinked HR processes.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Collaborates with Managers and HR verticals (HR People and Organization and other HR Partners) to determine, deliver and continuously improve impactful HR solutions (programs & processes) to business challenges. Key is working together with global HRBP’s in the area of the SBU Specialties.
First focus is the (European level) support covering the total HR package on recruitment, leadership development, performance and talent management. Next to that, you will bring your knowledge and expertise into tactical delivery and strategic aspects of programs such as Performance management, Career development, C&B, Employee and Labor relations and any organizational change transformation demands.
- Provides HR direction and partners with SBU leaders to understand people challenges and deliver pro- actively relevant HR solutions to mitigate these challenges, using knowledge of global/ regional/ local HR programs & processes and legal requirements
- Work across the assigned area in the region to develop manager's capability in respect of HR programs & processes. This will involve all kinds of operational support; providing coaching to manage talent decisions, making impactful communications, running workshops, and acting on customer feedback while connecting HR Partnership and organizational needs
- Support organization design and act as a change agent in the implementation of organizational and cultural changes, translating the desired culture to the local workplace, assist in delivery of change from strategy to implementation
- Implement HR goals and objectives and drive standardization in the execution & implementation of HR programs and processes across the region or global
- Facilitate analysis of HR data to determine trends and insights and use this information to engage with business leaders to drive improved understanding of people issues and make plans & actions to mitigate any challenges.
- Education: bachelor/ university in the field of HR or related areas.
- Total professional experience 5+ years of experience within the field of HR. Prior exposure in HR partnering with business leaders across the region/ global is highly desirable.
- Next to excellent English skills, Dutch language skills are preferred.
- Experience working in matrix organizations and influencing across cultures, functions and different levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop relationships and influence senior level leaders, managing multiple client responsibilities
- Proven experience working independently/autonomously and manager of change, strong assessment and communication skills
- Understanding of the entire spectrum of HR programs & processes, especially performance management, C&B, career development, legal requirements
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities and to adapt to changing requirements in a fast- paced environment
- Demonstrated strong assessment, conceptual, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to turn data into information for short and long term programs and decisions.
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter via +31 6 15887339.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers