FF (Functional Forms) produces film and sheet products from SABIC resins in order to serve many versatile market segments, including mass transportation (MT), electrical & electronics (E&E), building & construction (B&C) and specialty glazing (SG). The FF global T&I organization is initiating and executing multiple innovative programs across these four industry segments. The business continuity team supports the FF business by performing special sheet and film testing, sheet/film extrusion, color development, application evaluation and customer/plant support.
The Innovation T&I team in Bergen op Zoom is looking for a fulltime Plastic Forms Product Developer.
• Lead product development initially for mass transportation, specialty glazing and E&E segments
• Identify new innovative solutions and applications that could lead to new products in the market segments we serve.
• Enforce and apply know how about regulatory requirements and apply these in new projects.
• Grow and apply in-depth fundamental knowledge on technologies and processes related to polymer forms.
• Ensure proper project management (milestones, cost, timeline, stakeholder)
• Drive product innovation, manufacturing scale-up and new manufacturing solutions
• Manage interaction and collaboration with various Industry Segment teams to align on strategy and project portfolio.
• Build and maintain a strong external network with suppliers, Tollers, designers, institutes and universities.
• Ensure global cross-functional interaction with relevant T&I, commercial, product management and manufacturing teams.
• Advanced degree PhD or MS Material / Polymer science, Chemistry, Mechanical / Chemical Engineering.
• Relevant professional experience in R&D and applying knowledge on polymer technology, chemistry and/or processing.
• Affinity with our FF products, forms and market segments.
• Experience and/or affinity with new business development is a plus
• A strong and high-energy personality with the leadership skills to identify, prioritize and lead strategic innovative technical projects
• Practical / hands-on and creative individual with a service-oriented mentality and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Team player being able to work in cross-functional / cross-polar teams.
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.