Sr Analyst, Supply & Materials Planning, SABIC Specialties
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Demand/Supply Chain Management
As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit (SBU) is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional engineering thermoplastics compounds and additives and thermoplastics composites to various industries.
Supply & Materials Planning is part of Customer Fulfillment for Specialties Europe. The team controls the stock levels of raw materials, initiates raw material replenishments, communicates with third parties for subcontracting & external manufacturing activities, maintains the material master for our division in Europe and coordinates product life cycle related tasks.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and detailed oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to support and lead multiple projects through implementation and possess a demonstrated track record of achieving results and operational excellence. In addition, the candidate must be able to operate in a highly-matrixed environment, communicate with all levels of the organization, influence and gain commitment, and continuously develop the talent around them.
- Lead projects as assigned to improve materials management process – ex. MRP results, Lead-time optimization, PR/PO order management systems, safety stock calculations, supply chain optimization, etc
- Drive system/process improvements to improve supply chain metrics such as sales order deliver to first promise; Make On Time; MRP output performance/accuracy; in stock metrics.
- Engage cross functional and cross global teams when necessary to assist in enhancements to material planning settings and supply concerns.
- Train & mentor planning team members in effective use of ECC planning tools and systems, provide expertise in resolving user systems issue; optimize way of working for planners and cross functional stakeholders; supply chain best practices.
- MRP Product Master – Perform product Master analysis for effective supply chain processes between different supply chain functions. Manage material quality & rationality process with Business, Commercial, and the Supply chain team.
- Support inventory management tasks including but not limited to: outside tolling, recycle product outlet, repacking, relabeling, stock matching, lot merging and age stock outlet
- BA/BS level degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or comparable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of materials planning; MRP Planner; materials or inventory analyst.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Technically adept with ECC SAP planning and materials management modules.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and mobilize resources in a complex environment
- Strong record of achieving results
- Fundamental business understanding and acumen
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Team player with ability to work across multiple functional groups and at various levels
- Data oriented with experience analyzing large data sets using Excel and other data querying tools.
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert (Corporate Recruiter) via email@example.com.
Applications are considered via SABIC's career website.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers