Sr Analyst, Raw Material Planning - SABIC Specialties
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Demand/Supply Chain Management
As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit (SBU) is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional engineering thermoplastics compounds and additives and thermoplastics composites to various industries.
Supply & Materials Planning is part of Customer Fulfillment for Specialties Europe. The team controls the stock levels of raw materials, initiates raw material replenishments, communicates with third parties for subcontracting & external manufacturing activities, maintains the material master for our division in Europe and coordinates product life cycle related tasks.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Execute "planning run" - Monitor Inventory Levels & compare to Inventory/Order demand
- Determine quantity and delivery date of material needed and create purchase requisitions to be handed off to Procurement
- Manage inventory levels to targets (include aged & obsolete). Initiate actions when needed.
- Responsible for executing the overall planning strategy set by Manager, Supply & Materials Planning, meeting inventory targets, and adhering to current planning parameters
- Monitor and Solve daily planning and inventory issues to ensure uninterrupted supply to manufacturing and service with respect to the customer promise date
- Communicate planning requirements to the involved parties
- Responsible for correctness of Master Data & Transactional Data
- Plan and monitor material movement between manufacturing sites
- Develop and coordinate Raw Material Plan to support scheduled Internal Outages
- Incorporate Vendor Outages into Raw Material Plan to maintain material availability
- Create and implement standard operating procedures related to this role
- Continuously initiate actions to improve processes
- Represent Supply Chain in cross-functional teams and/or meetings with Manufacturing, Procurement, EHS, etc
- Back-up of raw material colleagues (other materials/sites)
- Key metrics include: DIOH – Days Inventory On Hand, Stock Situation, Aged Inventory, Surety of Supply & Uninterrupted Purchase Requisitions
- Strong operational skills within the overall planning processes
- Sound knowledge of processes within base chemical and compounding plants
- Clear understanding of the interactions and interdependencies with other functions/departments
- Proven ability to effectively interact and communicate across organization
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to operate effectively within a matrix environment gaining commitment at all organizational levels.
- Ability to influence people without the need of a direct reporting line.
- Strong analytical skills and able to think on a tactical level. Able to distinguish in priorities.
- Work independently in a rapid changing environment, taking responsibility for delivery of business expectations.
- Bachelor level degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or comparable.
- Minimum 3-5 years Supply chain, manufacturing or procurement experience.
- Experience and systems knowledge/affinity are highly valued.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Fluency in English
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert (Corporate Recruiter) via email@example.com. Applications are considered via SABIC's career website.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers