As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
The EHSS Manager will work at our manufacturing site in Raamdsdonksveer.
• The EHSS function is key in leading and supporting the plant to achieve and sustain an outstanding EHSS performance
• Create awareness among all employees and contractors in relation to health, safety and the environment within the plant and area of responsibility.
• Provide professional advice to and actively support leadership in striving towards continuous improvement of EHSS management and achieving EHSS objectives.
• Provide input to set targets in relation to EHSS objectives, Performance and Programs regarding content, process and progress; provide feedback.
• Provide support to the management team in translating and implementing legislation and regulations in the field of EHSS.
• Improve the plant organizations ability to act independently in relation to EHSS
• Inform, advise and challenge the plant leadership team SHE performance and behavior in the field of EHSS to a higher level
• Maintain direct personal contacts with all EHS support departments/EHS Europe
• Maintain contacts with external agencies which result out of the implementation of the EHS policy plan
• Lead the follow up on incidents/accidents in order to prevent recurrence
• Responsible for initiating improvement projects with respect to EHS and offer technical support in EHS matters
• Maintain direct personal contacts with all EHS support departments/ EHSS Europe
• Contribute EHSS expertise in Management of Change, JSAs and EHSS Committee.
• Perform incident reporting and safety operation trend analyses as input for proposals for improvement of EHSS Performance and Thematic Inspections
• Conduct Thematic Inspections and safety operation rounds in order to verify EHSS behavior in practice, actively conveying/passing on information about EHSS standards by highlighting (un)safe situations and actions and providing feedback on these.
• Discuss EHSS incidents with Management Team and determining the lessons to be learned
• Conduct investigations of EHSS incidents and jointly providing reports to management, staff and KSA.
• Responsible for the preparation of and supervision of EHSS audits
• Act as an expert advisor for all personnel in relation to EHSS aspects.
• Monitor and assess new and updates of (inter)national standards and legislation in the field of occupational safety, health and industrial hygiene
• Act as a SHEM Sub Administrator for the management system
• Ensure compliance with Raamsdonksveer site (permits) requirements as described within the SLA’s/TSA’s.
• Diploma in Higher Safety Studies (HVK) is preferred.
• Certified as a Safety Specialist (or willing to become certified)
• Knowledge of legislation and (SABIC) regulations concerning occupational health and safety and the environment.
• Technical training at Higher Vocational Education level (HBO)
• Besides fluency in English, good Dutch language skills is required.
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert (corporate recruiter) via email@example.com.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.