Senior Manager, EMEA Direct Tax
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Finance & Control
Global Tax, Corporate Finance
SABIC is a global leading chemical company with revenues of $45 billion and over 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. In the Netherlands, SABIC has production and management operations in places such as Sittard, Geleen and Bergen op Zoom. SABIC Capital is based in Amsterdam as an integrated part of the worldwide Corporate Finance organization. It provides strong and effective management and control of SABIC’s global businesses with a leading team of professionals covering, for example, Financial Reporting & Controllership, Tax and Treasury.
SABIC Capital partners with the business units around the world to provide expertise on financial matters, fund SABIC’s ambitious investment plans, maintain compliance, establish risk management & control and create world-class execution capability
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, EMEA Direct Tax is a member of the Global Tax Function. The purpose of this role is to ensure direct tax compliance, support tax control, and partner with the business to optimize taxation.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead and manage direct tax operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Ensure compliance for all direct taxes (CIT, WHT, wage taxes, etc.) in EMEA region.
- Manage and support the optimization of direct taxes for SABIC business in its countries of operations within the EMEA region.
- Assist in assessing and implementing processes that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of SABIC's direct tax position including the cost-effective management of direct tax resources.
- Support risk management for direct taxes for the EMEA region.
- Support the implementation & development of the EMEA direct tax strategy, ensuring the direct tax compliance and local optimization of SABIC's Global Enterprise Model.
- Partners effectively with SBUs and Corporate Functions in direct tax projects and transactions.
- Regularly report on monitoring, managing, controlling and tracking direct tax compliance requirements.
Policies and Procedures:
- Support the Global Tax Leadership Team in formulating and maintaining all related services and procedures for compliance with the SABIC Accounting Manual, the Master Authority Schedule and any related Tax mandate, governance, policies, guidelines and manuals.
- Ensure adherence to the documented processes, policies and procedures relating to Tax Management.
- Assist in developing managing and delivering monthly/quarterly reports to the Global Direct Tax Leader relating to direct taxes globally, including compliance effectiveness, analysis & trends, productivity & efficiency and action plans.
- Manage direct tax operations for all SABIC business in countries of operations within the region.
- Ensures, monitors, measures and reports regionally accurate and timely direct tax compliance and any related direct tax risks, proposing mitigation actions, together with the Tax Planning and Risk Management team.
- Manage the operational relationship with direct tax authorities across the region, including the conduct of tax audits.
- Manage and co-develops optimal resourcing of direct tax operations, including efficient and effective use of external advisers and technology; co-develops; manage and monitors the budget and spend on resourcing direct tax operations.
- Identify & implement direct tax optimization opportunities in line with SABIC's Code of Ethics, the tax mandate & policies.
- Builds, manages and maintains strong relationships with direct tax agencies and external advisers.
- Report and monitor KPI’s and performance of the direct tax team to the Global Direct Tax Leader.
- Maintain regular contacts with SBU/BU, Affiliates, to ensure effective partnering on direct tax matters.
- Ensure Talent Management of the Direct Tax Operations team in alignment and cooperation with the Global Direct Tax Leader, HR and Corporate Finance Global Community.
- Bachelor's degree: a relevant subject such Law, Tax, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred.
- MBA, Masters, or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred.
- Professional qualification such as Tax Practitioner's Certificate, CPA, Law or ACCA.
- Attendance of post-graduate training programs in areas such as international tax or supply chain management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in direct tax.
- International global tax experience with detailed working knowledge of the Netherlands and at least one additional tax jurisdiction and general practical understanding of international tax law and guidelines regarding direct taxes.
- Working knowledge of MEA tax laws and guidelines regarding direct taxes preferred.
- Extensive experience in the direct tax function of large multinationals and/or Big 4.
- Advanced Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Entrepreneurship, Facilitation, Global Outlook, Project Management.
- Proven leadership experience and management capability diverse teams of senior-level / professional or managers.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Dutch; multiple language ability an advantage.
- Strong influencing skills, high adaptability, and cultural awareness.
- Strong project management skills and analytical thinking.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, Tel + 31(0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers