Senior HR Manager Germany and Austria
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Human Resource Management
The global HR organization is built around 3 pillars and 4 regions (Americas, Asia, Europe and MEA)
The first pillar is the team of HR strategic business partners enabling SABIC transformation by collaborating with & influencing business leaders to develop the corporate strategy, identifying HR solutions with the broader HR function to deliver on the talent priorities. The second pillar is the team of regionally organized HR operations with the focus on driving operational processes in the employ lifecycle like payroll, on boarding, staffing, training and reporting in line with the business strategy ,legal requirements and labour relations. The third pillar is the global team of People and Organization . This team focus on policies and tools regarding e.g. leadership and people development, organisational effectiveness, C&B, talent solutions and talent acquisition. All these pillars work in close cooperation in the value creation framework, the interlinked HR processes.
The Sr HR Manager for Germany and Austria reports to the Sr Manager HR Operations Europe. In the scope of this position are Gelsenkirchen, the sales office in Dusseldorf and the SABIC activities in Austria, approx. 500 employees. Responsibilities include managing a team of 4 and the Labor Relations (4 Works Councils) and the HR Service Center.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Collaborates with Manufacturing Leaders and HR verticals (HRBP, P&O, HR Ops partners at other sites) to determine and deliver impactful HR solutions (programs & processes) to business challenges. And leads the team to focus on tactical delivery and strategic aspects of programs in Manufacturing in the region across all HR areas such as Performance management, Career development, C&B, Employee and Labor relations and any organizational change transformation demands.
- Provide HR leadership and consultation to management within the 3 locations. Lead the implementation of Corporate and Europe HR processes and programs, including performance management, career development, learning & development, compensation and workforce planning processes. Design and lead the implementation of site- specific HR processes, programs and initiatives in alignment with stakeholders e.g. works councils.
- Translate business strategy, ambition and objectives into site based people strategy, goals, plans and tactics. Develop and implement human capital strategies that effectively achieve business results in a dynamic environment.
- Monitor adherence to interpret and communicate all HR policies, practices and procedures. Ensure that local HR policies, procedures and practices reflect national legislative and contractual requirements.
- Provide feedback to leaders and Corporate HR on line management needs and to optimize employee engagement and productivity. Provide input into the design of corporate programs and policies.
- Implement change management initiatives, lead organizational design and analysis, and identify critical skills and competencies to deliver on business strategies.
- As member of the Site Management Team identify leadership, people or team issues and help facilitate a solution.
- Coach managers and build core leadership capabilities to maximize organizational effectiveness for short and long term sustainability.
- Partner and lead relationships with key constituencies e.g. regional and national labor organizations, community and regional and national government, as appropriate.
- Lead communications, consultations and negotiations with works council and where necessary with the unions to ensure all aspects of the national legal co-determination.
- Facilitate/enable the strategic workforce planning process to forecast annual and long-term staffing needs and provide input to Global and European succession planning (TC) process to meet business objectives.
- Ensure basic HR services like recruitment, absenteeism, performance management, payroll accounting and administration etc..
- Manage a team of 4.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or business-related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of general HR experience including labor relations
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of employment law, HR policies and best practices
- Experience leading cross functional projects and establishing and maintaining strong relationships with senior level management
- Ability to develop relationships and influence senior level business leaders
- Experienced in negotiating with unions and works councils
- Proven experience working independently/autonomously
- Professional level German and English language-skills
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers, Corporate Recruiter SABIC Petrochemicals Europe, via laura.deckers@SABIC.com.
Please do not send applications (CV and/or motivation-letters) via email, but please upload these via our careersite.
A reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment are part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers