As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
The global S&OP Specialist for Specialties is responsible to overlook and steer the S&OP process for a product business line within the Specialties SBU. He/she will be part of the global S&OP team.
This position will work very closely with the business leaders to balance the business financial objectives, inventory targets and service levels by developing, in close cooperation with the sales, SCM and manufacturing teams, a medium/long term S&OP plan.
He / She will also have to continuously adapt S&OP to changing market conditions, new business opportunities or cost reduction strategies and propose adequate trade-offs, and will be asked to participate in the development of annual plans and business strategies as appropriate.
To achieve the goals of the role, this position will need to continuously integrate, compile, analyze, and evaluate data on performance trends, and elaborate proposals/scenarios to improve the key performance indications that link planning effectiveness and execution adherence to the business overall results.
Effective communication and collaboration are essential skills, as you will need to liaise with other teams, channeling information to the appropriate parties. At the same time, this person will need to be able of driving towards clear decision-making and arise/resolve conflicts during the alignment process.
Proactive planning, analytical skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and objectives are critical as well.
Key functions and accountabilities
• Actively coordinate activities around the S&OP cycle: product management review, demand planning, supply planning and preparation of the reconciliation and executive S&OP review. Organize, facilitate, monitor, coordinate, document and drive the execution of the decisions taken in the meetings across functions and regions.
• Oversees the medium/long term (3-24 months) demand & supply activities at a business product line level. Prepare gap closing scenarios for Executive review. Generate a compelling risks & opportunities outlook to help drive decisions and to monitor the evolution and trends in market
• Align with business and set the global / regional targets for S&OP KPIs (e.g. Inventory Metrics, Demand Planning Accuracy, Sales Forecast Accuracy, etc.).
• Analyze Key Output indicators and Process Metrics in its responsible business product line to determine how to optimize customer service and achieve business results.
• Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports & presentations to update Business Management on execution performance. Support establishment of effective global S&OP reporting.
• Develop and implement enhanced methods to improve accuracy and effectiveness of the S&OP process. Facilitate S&OP meetings and continuously work to improve the effectiveness.
For more information about this role you can contact: Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered