Specialist Transfer Pricing / Global Enterprise Model
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Finance & Control
Global Transfer Pricing / Global Enterprise Model
SABIC is a global leading chemical company with revenues of $45 billion and over 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. In the Netherlands, SABIC has production and management operations in places such as Sittard, Geleen and Bergen op Zoom. SABIC Capital is based in Amsterdam as an integrated part of the worldwide Corporate Finance organization. It provides strong and effective management and control of SABIC’s global businesses with a leading team of professionals covering, for example, Financial Reporting & Controllership, Tax and Treasury.
SABIC Capital partners with the business units around the world to provide expertise on financial matters, fund SABIC’s ambitious investment plans, maintain compliance, establish risk management & control and create world-class execution capability
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Specialist, Transfer Pricing/ Global Enterprise Model team (TP/GEM) is a member of the Global Tax Function. The purpose of this role is to ensure TP compliance; support tax control; and partner with the business to optimize taxation.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage and deliver on SABIC's GEM projects implementation through close partnership with SBUs and Corporate Functions to promote awareness and engagement, leveraging IT development and monitoring the rapidly changing tax regulatory environment, in order to meet the requirements of SABIC's growth strategy.
- Supports SABIC’s M&A and JV deals by executing the TP operating models and pricing methodology for incorporating new business opportunities and structures into the existing GEM/TP structure.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve SABIC's TP/GEM function
- Manage and/or contribute in international tax and TP planning projects
Governance & Framework
- Contribute to the design and implementation of TP processes, controls and the related workflow system
- Work with SABIC's Strategic Business Units (SBU's) and Corporate Functions – supply chain, technology, procurement, treasury, economic & business support/finance BU and other functions – to map SABIC's value chain and intercompany transactions
- Prepare and deliver GEM/TP awareness sessions to SBUs and Corporate Functions explaining how the approach to the global value/supply chain impacts the global tax function as a whole, aiming at optimizing technology, processes, sourcing and efficiency, while remaining tax compliant and in a rapidly changing legislative environment, optimizing tax efficiency and reorganizing tax structures.
- Manage the financial analyses to determine TP implications of supply chain decisions, deals and acquisitions
- Prepare functional and financial analyses to determine adequate TP policies
- Develop or support the framework for SABIC’s core intercompany transaction agreements
Audit & Compliance
- Safeguard SABIC's Global TP compliance by executing the guidelines, RACI and framework, particularly concerning legislation flowing from the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) Actions, international standards and with other international and national TP regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare, manage, and maintain centralized global contemporaneous TP documentation process and external engagements for standard documentation localization
- Conduct internal TP risk assessment and recommend tax compliance enhancement opportunities
- Manage uncertain tax positions risk position, TP risk and TP audits, including the responses to tax authorities and regulators
- Work with Global Tax team to ensure corporate income tax and indirect tax issues related to intercompany transactions are addressed
- Work with Finance, Legal and SBUs to ensure TP entries are properly recorded in accordance with intercompany agreements
- Manage external advisors on selected transfer TP engagements
- Bachelor's degree: a relevant subject such Law, Tax, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred
- MBA or Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred
- Professional qualification such as Tax Practitioner's Certificate, CPA, Law or ACCA
- Attendance of post-graduate training programs in areas such as international tax or supply chain management
- 6+ years' experience in international tax, TP and/or global business model (GEM) structuring, preferably in several jurisdictions
- Experience in the tax/ TP function of large multinationals and/or Big 4
- Partnered with regional business and function leaders on GEM / TP projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage
- Good influencing skills and high adaptability and cultural awareness
- Business understanding and knowledge with global outlook
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Knowledge of international TP and tax law, as well as functional analysis and transactional global benchmarking
- Experience and technical knowledge of implementing GEM / TP policies
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel. 0031(0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers