(Senior) Specialist Transfer Pricing Operations
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Finance & Control
Global Transfer Pricing / Global Enterprise Model
SABIC is a global leading chemical company with revenues of $45 billion and over 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. In the Netherlands, SABIC has production and management operations in places such as Sittard, Geleen and Bergen op Zoom. SABIC Capital is based in Amsterdam as an integrated part of the worldwide Corporate Finance organization. It provides strong and effective management and control of SABIC’s global businesses with a leading team of professionals covering, for example, Financial Reporting & Controllership, Tax and Treasury.
SABIC Capital partners with the business units around the world to provide expertise on financial matters, fund SABIC’s ambitious investment plans, maintain compliance, establish risk management & control and create world-class execution capability
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Senior Specialist, Transfer Pricing (TP) Operations is a member of the Global Tax Function. The purpose of this role is to ensure TP compliance; support tax control; and partner with the business to optimize taxation.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
TP & GEM Regulatory Policy and Procedures (including BEPS Readiness Plan):
- Runs and maintains the TP operational designs for SABIC's intercompany transactions globally (including BEPS Actions Readiness).
- Actively monitors the GEM design compliance and efficiency globally through effective GEM / TP review plans and reporting.
- Supports the definition of the strategy and the roadmap for SABIC's GEM / TP technology requirements to enable optimal and efficient management of SABIC's Global GEM / TP compliance processes and early identification of planning opportunities.
- Supports the Global Head of GEM formulating and maintaining all TP related guidelines and processes for compliance.
- Execute the TP operational designs for all SABIC intercompany transactions and maintains an overview of the year-end transactional flows for SABIC's 130+ companies.
- Ensures adherence to the documented processes, policies and procedures relating to TP Operations globally.
- Supports the quarterly reports to the Global TP & GEM Lead relating to TP operations globally, including compliance effectiveness, analysis & trends, productivity & efficiency and action plans; SBU partnering & project status, TP operational optimization status and TP management KPI status
Global Compliance and Reporting:
- Safeguard SABIC’s compliance through executing SABIC’s TP compliance processes such as margin review, price setting, year-end adjustment, GCR, etc.
- Develops and maintains SABIC's TP Master File (as required under BEPS) for SABIC globally and manages the preparation and maintenance of local country TP documentation reports and their alignment with the Master File. Manages the accurate and timely preparation of Country-by-Country reporting.
- Monitors the GEM compliance status of over 700 legal agreements governing inter-company transactions in an increasing regulatory compliance environment
- Manages and maintains strong relationships with external advisers, local tax authorities and SABIC’s Finance and Legal departments
- Bachelor's degree: a relevant subject such Law, Tax, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred
- MBA or Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred
- Professional qualification such as Tax Practitioner's Certificate, CPA, Law or ACCA
- Attendance of post-graduate training programs in areas such as international tax or supply chain management
- Minimum 8 years' experience, preferably 10 years’ experience in international tax, TP and/or global business model (GEM) structuring, preferably in several jurisdictions
- Extensive experience in the tax/ TP function of large multinationals and/or Big 4
- Partnered closely with regional business and function leaders on GEM / TP projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage
- Strong influencing skills and high adaptability and cultural awareness
- Business understanding and knowledge with global outlook
- Strong project management skills and analytical thinking
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of international TP and tax law, as well as functional analysis and transactional global benchmarking
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge of designing GEM / TP policies and implementing effective GEM / TP structure
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, Tel 0031(0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers