Head of Transfer Pricing Operations
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Finance & Control
Transfer Pricing / Global Enterprise Model
SABIC is a global leading chemical company with revenues of $45 billion and over 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. In the Netherlands, SABIC has production and management operations in places such as Sittard, Geleen and Bergen op Zoom. SABIC Capital is based in Amsterdam as an integrated part of the worldwide Corporate Finance organization. It provides strong and effective management and control of SABIC’s global businesses with a leading team of professionals covering, for example, Financial Reporting & Controllership, Tax and Treasury.
SABIC Capital partners with the business units around the world to provide expertise on financial matters, fund SABIC’s ambitious investment plans, maintain compliance, establish risk management & control and create world-class execution capability
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Head of Transfer Pricing (TP) Operations is a member of the Global Tax Function. The purpose of this role is to ensure TP compliance; support tax control; and partner with the business to optimize taxation.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Leads and manages the execution of TP Operations processes through ERP-supported reporting and the automation of SABIC’s core TP processes
- Provides input to the Global Tax Leadership on the development, management, monitoring and completion of TP Operations processes
TP Regulatory Policy and Procedures (including BEPS Readiness Plan):
- Supports the Global TP / GEM Lead formulating and maintaining all TP related guidelines and processes for compliance.
- Develops the TP operational designs for all SABIC intercompany transactions and maintains an overview of the transactional flows for SABIC's 130+ companies
- Ensures adherence to the documented processes, policies and procedures relating to TP Operations globally.
- Periodically develops, manages and delivers reports to the Global TP / GEM Lead relating to TP operations compliance effectiveness, analysis & trends, productivity & efficiency and action plans and TP management KPI status.
Global Compliance and Reporting:
- Manages TP for sustainable P&L positions, e.g. through reviewing the TP margin and taking actions to prospectively manage the pricing for all transactions in the SBUs' supply chains
- Identifies the needs and defines the requirements for the TP reporting and engages with IT to develop and maintain automation solutions
- Manages and develops optimal resourcing of TP, including efficient and effective use of external advisers and technology
- Manages the accurate and timely preparation of the Global TP documentation, e.g. TP reports, Country-by-Country Reporting (CbCR) system-generated reports and auditor reports, etc. Implements process improvements, including the cost effective management of resources.
- Contribute to the design and management of SABIC's internal tax controls and reporting, including ETR management / tax risk management, and management of uncertain tax positions
- Builds, manages and maintains strong relationships with external advisers, engages with tax authorities and maintains regular contact SBU/BU regional leaders to ensure effective partnering to manage SABIC’s TP
- Recruit and manage a leading (virtual) Global TP / GEM team in the chemical industry.
- Ensure Talent Management of TP / GEM team in alignment and cooperation with HR and Corporate Finance Global Community
- Bachelor's degree: a relevant subject such as Law, Tax, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred
- MBA or Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant subject preferred
- Professional qualification such as Tax Practitioner's Certificate, CPA, Law or ACCA
- Attendance of post-graduate training programs in areas such as international tax or supply chain management
- 10+ years' experience in international tax, transfer pricing and/or global business model (GEM) structuring, preferably in several jurisdictions
- Extensive experience in the tax/ TP function of large multinationals and/or Big 4
- Partnered closely with regional business and function leaders on GEM / TP projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage
- Strong influencing skills and high adaptability and cultural awareness
- Business understanding and knowledge with global outlook
- Strong project management skills and analytical thinking
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of international transfer pricing and tax law, as well as functional analysis and transactional global benchmarking
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge of designing GEM / TP policies and implementing effective TP / GEM structure
For more information about this role you can contact:Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, Tel 0031(0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers