Technology EHSS and Process Excellence Leader
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Quality, Env, Safety & Health
As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Lead and support the Technology community to achieve and maintain outstanding EHSS performance objectives, and ensure alignment with other departments.
- Provide professional advice and actively support entire technology organization (including leadership team) in striving towards continuous improvement of the overall EHSS management (incl. training, preventive maintenance, workshops)
- Inform, advice and set direction for continuous improvements towards the leadership team and entire department regarding EHSS performance and behaviors.
- Perform incident reporting and safety operation trend analyses as input for proposals for improvement of EHSS Performance
- Collaborate with other EHSS teams on site and ensure an aligned safety management system
- Conduct investigations of EHSS incidents/accidents for department and provide reports to management and staff in order to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and assess new and updates of (inter)national standards and legislation in the field of occupational safety, health and industrial hygiene in close cooperation with the BoZ site EHSS team
- Facilitation and coordination of internal and existing departmental audits (e.g. EHSS, ISO)
- Coordinate and lead small team in support of overall Process Excellence initiatives for the Technology community (e.g. ISO, EMT logistics and ordering).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental management, environmental science, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, safety or related degree with experience;
- Willingness to develop and educate yourself for required certification;
- 2-5 years+ relevant experience;
- Ability to lead & operate in a highly matrixed global environment;
- Fluent in Dutch, both verbal and written. Good level of English is a plus;
- Effective collaborator internally and externally with strong influencing and communication skills, good listener and analytical thinker;
- Good relationship builder and able to develop network;
- Demonstrated track record of executing & delivering results.
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers