Junior Demand Planner & Analyst
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Demand/Supply Chain Management
The Supply Chain Liquids department is responsible for planning, order handling and distribution of around 7 Mton of chemicals in Europe. The Planning department takes care of long and short term planning, in terms of demand, supply and inventory planning.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Jr. Demand Planner is responsible for preparing and releasing the unconstrained, realistic regional demand plan as input to the Global Sales & Operations Planning process.
- Prepare the rolling 18 months demand plan on different planning levels.
- During the month monitoring order intake and giving input for the consolidation of global demand plans for the S&OP meetings.
- Responsible for preparing, distributing and consolidating the European forecasting templates. Participate in the global (pre)-Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings.
- Update and release the agreed demand plan, including sales allocations.
- Collaborate with the European Functional Chemicals, Aromatics, Oxygenates and Glycols businesses of the Petrochemicals SBU with the overall objective of developing a true picture of customer demand.
- The Jr. Demand Planner is responsible for the supply and the stock planning of import flows from Kingdom Saudi Arabia (KSA) over the different hubs throughout Europe.
- The Jr. Demand Planner supports the uninterrupted order process by optimal availability and operational problem solving.
- The Jr. Demand Planner is highly involved in daily contact with KSA counterparts to secure a reliable flow of material from KSA to Europe.
- The Jr. Demand Planner is also responsible for part of the replenishment scheduling.
- The objective is to translate the demand, supply & inventory plans into replenishment planning per warehouse, ensuring availability in line with the agreed service levels and minimal costs. He/she reports to the Manager Demand Planning.
The main tasks are:
- Injury & incident free operations.
- Securing the capability to handle the strong volume growth.
- Increase inbound and outbound delivery reliability.
- Continuous improvement of logistic quality.
- Continuous improvement of the total distribution costs.
- Continuous process improvements.
- You have a University degree, preferably in Business Engineering or Administration, with a specialization or an additional education in logistics (MBA, APICS) - must
- Strong capability to think in processes, firm analytic and conceptual reasoning skills.
- Strong affinity with ERP systems, preferably SAP APO.
- Customer focused, team player, decision and action taker, self-propelling, strong drive for improvements, result oriented.
- Firm personality, functional leadership skills, good communicator, and stress tolerant.
- Excellent knowledge of English (verbally and in writing).
- In favor of a multinational working environment and business travelling: around 5%.
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers, Corporate Recruiter SABIC Petrochemicals Europa, via laura.deckers@SABIC.com.
Please do not send in your application via email, but apply (CV and motivation-letter) via the career-part of our website (www.sabic.com/en/careers).
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers