Engineer Project Controls
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Manufacturing & Engineering
Engineering & Project Management Europe
The E&PM Department has a vision “to Deliver First Quartile Projects in EHSS, Quality, Cost & Schedule”. The derived strategic objectives of this vision is to maximize SABIC Capital Efficiency, to Maintain EHSS Excellence and to improve and execute SABIC Projects & E&PM Operational Performance to enable SABIC Global growth and competitiveness.
We will enhance our Outsourcing Strategy and strengthen our Organizational Effectiveness by Increasing our Employees Capabilities and level of Competencies.
The Europe Organization with a workforce of +/- 100 employees is spread over five bigger sites; Cartagena, Geleen, Gelsenkirchen, Bergen op Zoom and Teesside. We manage an annual CAPEX budget of approx. 350MM$ with +/- 400 Projects (between 10K$ to 3.5MM$) spread over the different sites.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Has overall responsibility to capture cost commitments, expenditures and generates cost and financial reports, cost trend analysis, forecast and cost risk areas. Develop a work in place spend plan, field project control, Change control, validation analysis and benchmarking. Develop financial closeout reports and closeout feedback to improve future projects. Able to advise management team of critical decisions and potential issues/opportunities in a timely manner.
- Key member of Project management team, the Site teams work in project portfolios but also in discrete major Site projects.
The main responsibilities of the Engineer, Project Controls are:
Project Systems control:
- Setup projects in Financial systems used by the Business and E&PM
- Open and close out capital projects. Financial asset accounting and compliance rules
- Gatekeeps expenses and capital requirements in accordance with SABIC procedures.
Project Support and Execution:
- Verify and approve invoices and certificates, with ability to validate costs from contractual basis.
- For capital projects, follow up of estimates, purchase order approval, change notice tracking and control.
- Project progress follow-up, analyze committed cost, actual and cost forecast for early warnings on potential issues. Analysis of Value of Work (VOWD) versus actual costs/forecast. Develop/Maintain ratios as applicable.
- Provide monthly reports with cost Status, which could include actuals, forecasting, Trending, Cash flow and Work in Progress (WIP) analysis as required for each project. Also any KPI’s measured by the site and European Team.
- Engineering and construction contractor’s timesheets control as required.
- Able to develop/advise/follow-up mitigation actions in order to reduce cost / maintain control
- Risk analysis in relation to contingency & cost development using for instance Crystal Ball and Monte Carlo
- Support the procurement department in engineering and construction contracts negotiation as required.
- Support procurement in project procurement Plan/Strategy/Bidder valuation for equipment and bulks.
- Ability to support in dealing with claims management and contract administration for projects.
- Review monthly reports with Project Manager and Senior Management as required
- Calculate and analyze cost metrics with historical project data and other benchmarking data.
- Ensure compliance with all technical procedures & standards as applicable to the contract.
- Academia: Bachelor degree in Engineering, Finance or Business Administration
- 5 years of experience in petrochemicals or in industrial environment
- 5 - 10 years of Cost Control experience in industrial environment
- Knowledge of Project Cost Control – Budget, Forecasting and Variance analysis
- Knowledge of Project Control Procedures and best practices
- Basic Knowledge of Cost Estimation and Risk Management
- Basic knowledge of Contracts Administration
- Computer literacy MS Office / Excel proficiency n Engineering Standards and Systems Processes
- Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective relationships with Management and Stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare and give effective presentations suited on various target audiences
- Good ability to do proper time management and remain calm and effective when working under pressure
- Fluent in English language (conversation and writing)
For more information about this role you can contact:Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter on +31 (0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers