Business Development Consultant Building & Construction - Location Europa (9 month assignment)
- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Marketing & Sales
STADECK™is a new heavy-duty panel developed by SABIC Petrochemicals, for specifically the Building & Construction market and particular render this material a strong candidate across a wide range of construction applications and building techniques where weight saving is important.
Applications; Non industrial scaffolding, Special scaffolding, Temporary floors and Platforms.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Drive profitable growth and expansion of STADECK™ business by translating market trends and customer needs into product solutions in key applications areas (Building & Construction B&C), B2B, Non-Industrial Scaffold area)
- Drive growth in the existing application, new products in existing or close adjacent applications as well as new products in new application spaces.
- The objective is to generate and deliver on new business opportunities to meet our ambitious growth targets.
- The candidate will effectively work with internal and external resources to identify solutions, in demanding and highly regulated applications.
- Builds relationships with relevant parties, to position STADECK™ as a preferred product.
- Understands and articulates both short and long-term customer needs and business opportunities
- Identifies growth areas and creates demand to expand STADECK™ revenue and market presence
- Proposes solutions based on customer needs and STADECK™ capability
- Develops a robust pipeline of new business opportunities for STADECK™ products via direct and indirect sales channels
- Manages open opportunities and is responsible for timely closure and realization of sales
- Collaborates with SABIC’s Account Managers, Distribution Channel Leaders and Technical Development Engineers to support the specification and design process for new STADECK™ applications
- Gathers and reports market intelligence i.e. industry/customer specific unmet needs, market trends, competitor intelligence, technology gaps.
Preferred candidate profile
- Market, Industry and Technical Process knowledge in the B&C and Non-Industrial Scaffold area with 10 years + experience in an International (European) Market Development or technical Commercial role
- Highly connected in the named area with companies and decision makers at this companies
- Opening Doors rather than doing market research
- Able to do Application development and spec in our products into projects
- Capable to create a go- to- market strategy for STADECK™ products
- Experience to set the right actions to execute the strategy
- Realize the first sales of the product, based on person’s Market & Industry knowledge
- Willing to travel
- Language skills: English, Preferable German and/or any other additional language is a plus
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers (Corporate Recruiter SABIC Petrochemicals Europe), via email@example.com.
Please send your applications (resume and application-letter) via the SABIC career-site and nót via email.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers