Sr Analyst/Specialist Improvement - Supply Chain
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Demand/Supply Chain Management
“As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Strategic Business Unit of Specialties is set to work on the hard, difficult endeavors in technology for they can bring a fundamental progress to the way we travel, communicate, work and live. This SBU provides unique high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to markets such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electrical & Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management."
The Improvement specialist works within the Supply Chain Management for Specialties Europe. The improvement specialist is responsible for managing supply chain projects at tactical level to continuously improve the performance of the total Value Chain with regard to supply chain planning, site logistics, order and transport management.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Executes on and tracks complex Supply Chain projects to improve the total value chain on cost, productivity and service targets by quarter.
- Ensure stakeholder commitment and alignment inside and outside SABIC.Develops project deck by monitoring and understanding levers.
- Creates visibility & accountability on all projects; facilitate the development of line-of-sight metrics to link logistics activities to SABIC Innovative Plastic's strategic initiative around cost reductions and service improvements.
- Assists, when necessary, in generating detailed reports explaining variances between the Budget/Op Plan and actual costs (“YoY walks”).
- Willingness to learn and use Lean Six Sigma tools to identify & implement DMAIC projects to reduce Logistics' cost.
- Uses CAP process to drive cultural change in supply chain.
- Projects involve multiple functions within the supply chain (e.g. sourcing, manufacturing, customer service, materials management, commercial, finance, logistics, etc.). As a result of diverse projects, the Supply Chain Improvement specialist will develop a clear understanding of the entire order to cash process and it's linkages.
Min. Bachelor’s degree in Operations or Supply Chain management, Econometrics, or Process Engineering, Certification in Supply Chain Management (e.g. SCOR, APICS) and Project/Change Management (Lean Six Sigma, CAP, IPMA) a plus
- Several years’ experience in Supply Chain Management in an international business environment (Masters: 5, Bachelors: 10).
- More than 3 years’ experience in Project and Change management.
- Experience in leading cross functional project teams.
- 3PL experience a plus.
- MBA a plus
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to operate effectively within a matrix environment gaining commitment at all organizational levels. Ability to influence people without the need of a direct reporting line.
- Strong analytical skills and able to think on a tactical level. Able to distinguish in priorities.
- Work independently in a rapid changing environment, taking responsibility for delivery of business expectations.
- Strong communication skills and capable to communicate at different levels in an organization.
- Fluency in English language.
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert (Corporate Recruiter) via email@example.com.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers