- Reference Number
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Research & Development
SABIC`s Technology organization consists of more than 1500 employees across six research- and ten application centers around the world. The technology organization supports SABIC’s global businesses in realizing its objectives by providing Best-In-Class Technology solutions. Within the Business Unit Polymers Technology division, SABIC is developing new products, applications, processes and products. Our Polymer PP Technology department in the Technical Center Geleen has an opening for a technician to operate a batch scale polymerization unit.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
As a technician you will be working in a development team of SABIC Technology Center Geleen in the PP Innovene team.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- To operate one of the polypropylene reactor of the Torr&Celli batch installation which is used to research and develop innovative catalysts, PP processes and PP products.
- To operate the installation taking notice of all the operational procedures, the high Sabic safety standards and to operate the installation in an organized and structured way.
- To pre-discuss experiments together with the supervisor in order to have a good understanding of the purpose of the experiment and prepare the critical steps in the polymerization.
- To be an accurate executer and a keen observer of phenomena occurring during the experiments. To be able to solve issues in the installation in order to execute the experiments.
- To document the observations and to report back the results to supervisor and other team members.
- To be proactive in all activities around the installations, to realize a maximum output of the installation and to prevent unforeseen delays.
- You are educated at MBO level, MTS PT, Vapro C or BTPI.
- You are a good team player and you have good communication skills.
- You are a critical observer during the experiments.
- You have good experimental skills and you are an accurate worker.
- You have a proactive working attitude.
- You should have good technical skills required to operating technical polymerization installations.
- You should be keen to learn the principles of PP polymerization what is required to understand, prepare and execute the experiments.
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers (Corporate Recruiter Petrochemicals Europe) via laura.deckers@SABIC.com.
Please do not send applications via email, but upload via the careerpage at www.sabic.com.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers