Accountant, Site Accounting & Reporting
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Finance & Control
SABIC is a global leading chemical company with revenues of $45 billion, net income of $5.7 billion and 33,000 employees in over 50 countries. In the Netherlands, SABIC has production and management operations in places such as Sittard, Geleen and Bergen op Zoom.
The Site Accounting & Reporting Team (SA&R) is an integrated part of the worldwide Corporate Finance organization, which provides strong and effective management and control of SABIC’s global businesses with a leading team of professionals covering, for example, Financial Reporting & Controllership, Tax and Treasury.
SA&R is responsible for the (monthly) financial closing processes for multiple business units of the Bergen op Zoom (NL) and Genk (BE) manufacturing plants, ensuring accurate and timely recording of year-to-date Manufacturing costs, fixed assets and inventory valuations. Next to this, the SA&R team is also involved in many other operational and project related site activities like governance of accounting-related processes in the manufacturing organization, reporting of efficiency and providing audit support. SA&R is a critical business partner for the manufacturing stakeholders by translating the characteristics of the organizational units into financial transactional processes.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The main focus of this role will be controlling the fixed asset accounts and the financial- and operational leases of Bergen op Zoom. Besides this interesting role the function could be expanded with being a valuable support of the Senior Site Accountant of Genk (BE). In this role you will perform the payroll-, general ledger accounting and being the back up of all site accounting and reporting activities of the Belgium entity.
- Execute monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the Site accounts, carried out as per established accounting practices and procedures.
- Perform periodic accounting including month end, quarterly and year-end closing as per the established accounting practices and procedures.
- Ensure relevant GL accounts are reconciled and accounting entries are recorded in accordance with SABIC accounting policies and procedures and the necessary accounting standards.
- Timely and accurate completion of the management reporting, interpretation and analysis of reports and liaise with the embedded control function (E&BS) to look for improvement opportunities.
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and other reports as required by (internal) customers and (local / national) authorities.
- Support the preparation of various site departmental budgets, including (ad hoc) investigation and reporting of variances relating to the actual results.
- Ensure the site is fully compliant with internal and external business controls to safeguard assets and liabilities (controllership).
- Ensure assets located in Bergen op Zoom are accounted for correctly and valuated according to the applicable internal and external accounting principles.
- Proactively and continuously find opportunities to make the functions processes more efficient and effective.
- Our job requirements are versatile and the wide range of tasks can be adjusted depending on the candidate’s experience. Previous 2-3 years of experience in accounting is preferred, but starters can also add value in this role.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting is required and a master degree is preferred.
- Technical accounting knowledge
- Familiar with MS office, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- English both verbal and written is a must, Dutch is a pre, though highly recommended.
- Willing to travel +/- 20% of the time in the Netherlands and/or Belgium.
- Team player - Communicates constructively, comes forth with ideas to foster cooperation within the team and across teams, demonstrates commitment to the team and its goals.
- Process improvement mindset: always looking for ideas to drive down operating cost and enhance transactional efficiency and integrity.
For this position, we don’t offer visa and relocation sponsorhsip. So the candidate must be based in the area and permitted to work in The Netherlands. Please do not apply if this doesn’t apply to your situation.
- Accounting knowledge.
- Analytical skills - ability translate data into clear analytics.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to add-value to team and the business
- Microsoft office skills (Excel and PowerPoint.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter tel. 0031 (0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers