Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, on a rolling shift pattern
Please note future plans will be for a 24 hour office based Duty Office which will include night shifts
Contract Type: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
This recruitment is carried out on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out
As a Duty Office Supervisor you will be required to supervise the delivery of the company's emergency procedures and the provision of 24 hour incident support to all Virgin Holidays (Vhols) Group customers. You will be providing support and coming up with proactive resolution of all customer issues in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and protection whilst ensuring minimum cost and risk to the business.
You will be supervising a team of Duty Officers alongside developing a highly effective 24/7 operational team to initiate and deal with disaster recoveries. This means providing 24 hour coverage support and back up to airport staff, overseas staff and customers travelling with all Virgin Group Companies, covering all aspects of the holiday.
UK and Overseas Support
- Provide supervision and support to duty office team working shift patterns within a 24/7 office based operation with night shifts
- Support the initial point of contact for Vhols Emergency and to invoke call out procedure
- To maintain 24 hour support and back-up to airport staff, overseas staff/agents and customers in resort
- Supervise the accurate day to day reporting of all rooming lists, flight, amendments and transfers to resort
- Maintain proactive monitoring and coordinating of major weather conditions and worldwide events.
- Ensure compliance with Industry Regulations, UK Consumer Law and Company Best practice in VHols
- Supervise the production of reports and recording of major accidents and incidents in resort ensuring VHols due diligence at all times
Procedures Training & Systems
- Produce reports on duty office department objectives and performance measures for management
- Develop duty team capability to implement company emergency procedures Amber/Red response and rapid response
- Review and update procedures and handbook in accordance with business requirements
- Organise and deliver emergency procedure dry runs, rapid response and training
- Escalate to Duty Manager in resort moves or resolution beyond authorisation limits
- Ensure team resource is maintained and shifts patterns are notified to Duty Officers
- Conduct regular one to one sessions with duty office team members and identify, set and measure their objectives
- Monitor and review individual targets for all staff members and ensure standards are reached alongside coaching and developing department member
- Show initiative and ownership to lead the team through major incidents to ensure adherence with Industry legislation whist maintaining excellent levels of customer service
- Dealing and making decisions on customer complaints and issues to reach a satisfactory resolution before the customer returns
- Take appropriate action to avoid issues happening again by learning my mistakes and esclating through error report/CSI Meetings
- Anticipate customers needs to provide solutions to increase customer satisfaction scores (NPS)
- Provide 24hr emergency advice support where required
- Decide on course of action and advise overseas managers/agents on day to day incidents in resort
- Escalate major incidents to Head of Customer Operations and Duty Office Manager communicate updates to the business
- Responsible for Crisis Management Centre activation and set up
- Ensure compliance with Industry Regulations, UK Consumer Law and Company best practice during emergency situations.
- Play an integral role in supporting Virgin Holidays Emergency Amber/Red and Response Teams
To apply for this opportunity you will need to have previous supervisory experience and if it's within the travel industry this would be a distinct advantage. Knowledge of Virgin Holidays plus UK and Overseas consumer laws and customer best practice would be advantageous.
The type of person suited to this role will enjoy trouble shooting, influencing others and will possess excellent all round communication skills. You'll need to be highly motivated and thrive under pressure and be able to deal with multiple demands whilst remaining calm and taking a consistent approach. You’ll have experience in confidently assessing and evaluating complex situations alongside implementing and leading a team in effective solutions.
You'll need to be a strong decision maker and problem solver with an ability to understand the bigger picture. Experience of business risk, disaster recovery and emergency procedures management will be required. You must also be within 1 hours drive of our Head Office in Crawley.
So, if you are a strong leader who loves a challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. Beyond a whole world of travel opportunities, we also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Holidays does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Holidays employees. Virgin Holidays is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.