Engineer SAP Organizational Effectiveness (OE) Specialist
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom, Cartagena, Raamsdonksveer, Pontirolo Nuovo, Genk
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Manufacturing & Engineering
As the 'home of unique offerings' within SABIC the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
Assist sites in Specialty AMR/EUR/APAC throughout transition from operating in legacy systems to SAP and maximizes the operational effectiveness for manufacturing with respect to quality, the production process, the logistics and planning processes.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Executes Process Engineering type of improvement projects (including process design, project execution, commissioning and start up).
- Coordinates SAP process and data optimization efforts for all manufacturing related disciplines. Works closely together with RSU’s and Power users for PP, QM, LE and APO. Interface between Specialty and external SAP support teams.
- Support manufacturing sites with SSRS case resolution process, including prioritization, elevation, and resourcing. Lead optimization efforts that are identified for PP, QM, LE or APO modules.
- Drive data and solution issues impacting multiple operations to resolution and assist in sharing knowledge among all parties that may benefit.
- Develop reports to meet manufacturing and supply chain’s needs. Scope of reports include production volume, material pending quality decisions, process orders pending closure, material movements between sites and warehouses, and status of inventory. Create trainings and hand-off ownership of reports to long-term resource.
- Communicate critical customer needs from customer service to manufacturing. Take actions in SAP or follow through with site resources to address.
- Drive to standardize production versions and other master data where appropriate.
- Lead efforts to optimize production, material movement, quality inspections, and line scheduling in SAP.
- Coordinate master data, equipment, and processing needs for new product introductions between Technology and Manufacturing. Works with technology and compounding technology engineers on NPI’s and NMI’s. Supports Color Express on new colors/ingredient introductions and optimizing the process. Supports fast formulation from a system perspective.
- Improve understanding of and validate MRP replenishment process is working properly. Lead effort to troubleshoot if issues are discovered.
- Optimize production for the compounding sites, including where products are produced and opportunities for aggregation.
- Reports to Global Services Leader
- BS degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with:
- PP, QM, LE, and APO modules in SAP, including master data stewardship
- Relevant manufacturing operations experience (compounding and chemops)
- SCM experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work across different functional groups at various levels
- Works closely together with corporate manufacturing, the specialty manufacturing support team and external (of Specialty) SAP support teams.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter,tel +31(0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers