Analyst / Specialist Logistics - Supply Chain
- Reference Number
- Bergen op Zoom
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Demand/Supply Chain Management
“As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Strategic Business Unit of Specialties is set to work on the hard, difficult endeavors in technology for they can bring a fundamental progress to the way we travel, communicate, work and live. This SBU provides unique high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to markets such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electrical & Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management."
The European Specialties Supply Chain Department is responsible for the Order to Delivery Process servicing the Specialties SBU. We are looking for a Specialist in Logistics Process Improvement, supporting the SCM organization with a focus on Logistics processes.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Specialist Logistics Process Improvement is responsible for realization of projects by defining, scoping, managing and delivering (multidisciplinary) projects. The projects cover ‘end to end’ processes with a main focus on Logistics linked to Delivery performance, Quality Improvement, Cost Optimizations etc.
Drive and mentor improvement projects with European responsibility. The key processes in scope includes On Time Delivery Performance, Inventory Accuracy, Process Efficiency / Automations in LE Domain, Interface Monitoring & performance
Optimize Logistics processes, to further improve our KPI’s, by using Six Sigma & Lean tool’s.
- Partners with commercial, manufacturing, quality and global supply chain teams to identify vital problems and drive process improvements and control plans to improve key business metrics.
- Identifies and leverages best practices and drives consistency across poles, functional lines and SABIC Specialties Businesses.
- Ability to work with and lead an international team of people, who leads cross functional project groups towards the goals and implement processes.
- Responsible for Logistics process & data quality.
- Collect, Consolidate, Report and Action on the KPI’s.
- Focus on relevant and actionable metrics.
- Develop and Provides: SAP in depth knowledge, Training , Power User Role, Data maintenance (Masterdata, Configuration).
The ideal candidate has a solid Supply Chain background combined with SAP knowledge, preferably within the LE domain.
Education & Qualifications
- BS Degree, MS degree is a plus. (Operations, Supply Chain, Process Engineering).
- Certification in Supply Chain Management, Project/Change Management (Lean Six Sigma, CAP etc.) is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations in an international business environment
- More than 3 years experience in Project and Change management
- Experience in leading cross functional (Regional & Global) project teams
- 3PL experience a plus
- In depth SAP knowledge in LE domain
Strong influencing skills, operate effectively at a global level within a matrix environment gaining commitment at all organizational levels. Ability to influence people without the need of a direct reporting line.
- Strong analytical skills and able to think on a tactical level. Able to distinguish in priorities.
- Work independently in a rapid changing environment, taking responsibility for delivery of business expectations.
- Strong communication skills and capable to communicate at different levels in an organization
- Fluency in English
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert (Corporate Recruiter).
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers