Engineer Process Control PC
- Reference Number
- Cartagena Map & Directions
- Job Type
- Vacancy Category
- Research & Development
We are looking for a Process Control Engineer for PC China Project team, responsible for engineering, construction, commissioning and start-up of a Polycarbonate manufacturing facility in China. The Project team is based in Cartagena, Spain.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The position should provide his/her technical expertise and support for the detailed design, training and construction of the Distributed Control System (DCS) and the Safety Instrumented System (SIS) that are being implemented in Cartagena (Spain) for a 260KTA Polycarbonate Plant in China. In addition, he/she should be able to provide technical support on site during the commissioning and start-up of the PC Plant located in Tianjin (China). This involves working closely in a global environment with technology and engineering teams, operation teams, functional leaders and different disciplines experts, as well as with the Chinese project and operations teams.
Additionally, he/she may provide support to other T&I areas and/or Technical Departments on Process Control improvements and optimization.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and technical support on DCS and SIS levels to assure compliance with PC China project’s License scope.
- Provide technical support (programming, consistency checks, testing, documentation...) during the construction of the DCS and SIS systems ensuring that the development of the DCS/SIS software is implemented with the highest quality, according to the Functional Design Specifications of the PC China Project and taking benefit from Cartagena DCS synergies.
- Provide technical support during the Functional Acceptance Tests (FAT) of the DCS and SIS systems. This work is essential to ensure that the DCS/SIS are build flawless and in accordance with the PC China specifications.
- Process Control technical support for plant critical equipment definition, procurement, implementation and operation.
- Provide Process Control support for plant PLC/SIS-based Packaged Equipment throughout all its engineering phases (definition, procurement, detailed engineering and construction) and during commissioning and start up.
- Ensure that the core software covered by the PC License is kept as IP protected by following all measures and procedures in place to avoid any leakage to other third parties companies.
- Review deliverables done by engineering firm/s to assure fidelity and consistency with Cartagena design and implementation of design changes related to Process Automation Area.
- Ensure application of EHS policies, engineering methodologies and standards.
- Prepare and conduct DCS/SIS training sessions to operators and engineers for local Operations PC China plant team.
- Ensure that recommendations and best practices are implemented during design, construction, commissioning, start-up and operation phases as per Cartagena Plant design and experience.
- Provide process control support on DCS and SIS systems on site in Tianjin (China) during commissioning and starting up of the PC China Plant
- After plant start up, he/she will be able to provide support on site in Tianjin (China) on plant optimization to reach the high plant performance levels by applying regulatory and advanced process control techniques.
- Support additional projects, changes or initiatives to implement within the PC China or other future projects and licenses.
- Support Technology and process improvements in SABIC´s affiliates.
- Identify project risks and opportunities for improvement and deliver creative approaches accordingly.
- MSc degree or Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Physics, Computing Engineering (other disciplines considered depending on experience).
- Knowledge of Process Control systems (DCS)
- Availability to travel to China during engineering phase
- Availability to be re-located in China during commission and start up
- Fluent in written and oral English and Spanish
- Recently graduated or/and one year of experience in process control systems
- Work Experience in Distributed Control Systems (Delta V) configuration and programming
- Experience in safety Systems (SIS) configuration and programming
- Work experience in PLC based systems
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, and matrix working skills at all levels (operations, maintenance, engineering, management and equipment suppliers)
- Present information and ideas in an articulate and organized way
- Maintain an effective network of relevant internal and external stakeholders and experts
- Demonstrated results and track record for delivering on commitments
- Motivated to work in a multicultural environment
- Chinese language skills are highly valued
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers, Corporate Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations. Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
We offer a 2 year contract for this project.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers